We offer a range of new Mesopeels by Mesoestetic® . These pharmaceutical grade peels allow us to build a tailored treatment package with various combinations and strengths to combat your skin concerns.
Skin naturally renews itself and regenerates every 28 days. However, over time and during certain periods of our lives, adolescence, pregnancy and menopause, this process is disturbed or slows down. This causes changes to occur in the skin: acne, shine, enlarged pores, texture, wrinkles, lacklustre appearance, pigmentation, dark spots, etc. A chemical peels exfoliate different layers of the skin to reboot skin cell renewal and minimise imperfections on the skin’s surface.
There are various types of chemical peels that target different skin blemishes. The various concentrations of peels make it possible to fine-tune the effects and depth of exfoliation, treatment after treatment, to ensure progressive results. We use two categories – single acid peels and combined acid peels. Single acid peels are available in various concentrations and use a single type of acid to address specific skin concerns. The combined peels are formulated with an effective mixture of acids, to improve the results in complete facial rejuvenation.
The suitable peels will be selected by our skin health practitioner according to your skin concerns, expectations and skin condition.
What can I expect after a Chemical peel?
While some skin flaking may occur following treatment, a chemical peel leaves the skin immediately more hydrated, oxygenised and illuminated. In reducing enlarged pores and improving any textural irregularities, chemical peels help even out skin tone and smooth the skin’s surface. By shedding the skin’s upper layers, peels assist in reducing the appearance of blemishes, sunspots and scarring.
How many treatments are necessary to achieve optimal results?
During your initial consultation you will be recommended a treatment plan. Usually a course of treatment is between 3-6 treatments, depending on your skin type, skin condition and the goal you are wishing to achieve. If you just want to refresh your skin then a single treatment may be suitable.
Resurfacing Skin peel treatments can improve the appearance of:
- Enlarged pores
- Lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage and pigmentation
- Uneven skin tone
- Spots and breakouts
- Inflammation and acne
- Mild scars
- Dehydrated and dry skin
Some of the peel agents used in our clinic are:
- Good all-round rejuvenation
- Brightens dull skin
- Stimulates collagen to improve fine lines
- Improve general skin tone & texture
Lactic Peel - Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Hydrates dry skin
- Improves dark circles
- Brightens skin
- Helps to treat Rosacea
- Clears congestion
- Shrinks pores
- Help to control oily skin
Azelan Acne Peel
- Helps to reduce pigmented marks left by acne
- Treatment of pigmented lesions
- sun damage
- age spots/liver spots
- post inflammatory marks
MEDIUM DEPTH PEELS - For ageing skin, scarring or photo-damaged skin
- Smoothes fine lines and wrinkles
- Evens discolouration
- Overall appearance and health of sun damaged skin
- Anti-bacterial, good for acne-prone
Are the Mesopeel solutions safe?
Yes. Certified quality and safety. Registration number by the Spanish Agency of Medicines and Medical Devices (AEMPS) which certifies it as an aesthetic product. The products installations comply with European Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and are authorised by the competent health authorities. They also hold ISO 22716:2007, 9001:2008 and 13485:2012. It has a biotechnology unit and a monitoring and follow-up medical unit to carry out in vitro and in vivo safety and efficacy studies of cosmeceutical products and medical devices.
During your initial consultation you will be informed in details about the treatment and aftercare instructions. If a course of treatment is necessary for best results, you will be recommended to get a number of treatments that is appropriate for your skin type and condition.
- Avoid using self-tan, facial scrubs or exfoliating agents for at least 48 hours prior to your peel.
- Do not wax, epilate or bleach facial hair for 2 weeks prior to your peel.
- Stop using products containing glycolic acid and/or Retinol one week prior your peel.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least a week prior to your treatment.
You can not have a Mesopeel treatment if:
- You will continue to have excessive sun exposure (so not before sunny holidays)
- You are pregnant or lactating
- Have any auto immune disease
- You have suffered from Active Herpes Simplex (You can go ahead if you been prescribed to take Acyclivir)
- Have a history of keloid scarring
- You have had any type of recent facial surgical procedure – leave until all scars are completely healed ( 3-6 months)
- Leave two weeks prior to and after Botox and/or Dermal Fillers
- You are taking Roaccutane or haven taken the medication within the last 12 months
- Any form of skin cancer
- You have recent scar tissue in the treatment area